Okonomiyaki pancakes made easy.
With Showa's Yakijirushi okonomiyaki flour, you can make great-tasting okonomiyaki savoury pancakes that everybody will adore. This secret to this flour is its seasoning, which features dashi stock made from bonito and mackerel. This gives the resulting okonomiyaki an authentically rich umami flavour. This flour is also formulated to ensure that your okonomiyaki will be fluffy and springy, like they should be.
How To Use
• Add 100g okonomiyaki flour to 100ml water in a bowl and mix well. Add 300g chopped cabbage (about half a head), 1 egg, and 100g of your favourite okonomiyaki fillings (squid, prawn, pork, tempura pearls, beni shoga ginger, etc.)
• On a hot plate or saucepan over a medium heat (200C), add a little vegetable oil before spooning out half the okonomiyaki batter into a circular shape. Allow to cook for approx. 4 minutes.
• Carefully turn the pancake over and cover with a lid. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
• Remove lid and flip over once more. Allow to cook for another 1 minute.
• Transfer to plates and serve with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, bonito fish flakes, and/or beni shoga ginger.
• Repeat from Step 2 with the rest of the okonomiyaki batter.
Frequently bought together
If you have a food allergy or a special dietary requirement. Please check the product's ingredients on the packaging carefully before consuming. If you have any questions, please contact customer service before you place your order.
Wheat flour, sugar, salt, glucose, powdered bonito flake (fish), powdered mackerel flake (fish), baking powder,flavour enhancer (amino acid), emulsifier
Net Weight: 200g
Product of Japan
Please store in a cool and dry place.
• Energy: 338kcal
• Protein: 9.9g
• Fat: 2.1g
• Carbohydrate: 69.9g
• Sodium: 1.3g (As Salt: 3.3g)
Using Product Information
At The Secret, we do everything we can to make sure the information about the products we sell is always as accurate as possible. However, because products are regularly improved, the product information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary or allergy advice may occasionally change.
As a result, we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website Because of this, The Secret is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.
For up to date information on other products, please speak to the manufacturer.
This does not affect your statutory rights. This information is supplied for personal use only. It must not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of The Secret, nor without due acknowledgement.